This Refund Policy only applies to fees collected by Us for services provided by IVS. And this Policy does not apply to the Consular Fees which are paid towards your Consular Application to the country's Consular service(s) you are applying for. All Refunds will be governed by laws of the local country where the services are being rendered. The Consular fee and legalisation fee will be subject to the refund policy of the respective country You are applying for.
It is important that You read this Refund Policy carefully. You should familiarise yourself with the terms of this Refund Policy, prior to purchasing any goods or services from IVS.
Unless otherwise defined, defined terms in this Refund Policy shall have the meaning given to them earlier in these Terms and Conditions.
"Application": means a form to be completed by a Visa/OCI/GEP/Passport/Renunciation customer or You (as applicable) requesting the provision of Services.
"Service Fees": mean the fees payable by You for the Services purchased in accordance with the Services Terms and Conditions. Service fee will not be refundbale even if you decide not to submit application due to any reasons.
"Issuing Bank": means the bank who has issued card to You as card holder.
"Refund Eligibility Criteria": means the criteria set out in the below Section.
"Optional Services": has the meaning include all value-added services/additional services/Premium Services which are described and offered by us on our Website. Courier fee once paid won’t be refundable.
"Services Terms and Conditions": means the terms and conditions for the use of the payment portal and provision of the Services offered by IVS to their customers.
"Chargeback": means where a customer or You (as applicable) using the online payment portal makes a complaint to his/her card issuer bank that a transaction is disputed and/or fraudulent.
"Transaction Charges or convenience fee": means any fees levied by a bank or financial institution upon processing a valid refund request to You or a customer (as applicable) which may vary from case to case. This will not be refundable at any circumstances.
"Us": means IVS or any party acting on Our implicit instructions (with "Our" being construed accordingly).
"You" includes the person requesting and/or purchasing the Services or any party acting on such person's instructions (and "Your" shall be construed accordingly).
"Website": means the IVS website "Website Terms and Conditions": means the terms and conditions applicable to use of the Website set out
1. This Refund Policy is subject to change by Us and in the event of any amendments, We shall make a suitable announcement on the Website. The changes will apply after We have given notice. If You do not wish to accept the revised policy, You should not continue to use the Services. If You continue to use the Services after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Services indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Refund Policy.
2. The Consular Fee, Legalisation Fee, Consular service Fee and optional service fees shall be refundable only if You have paid for a Service. You may request a refund in accordance with the Refund Eligibility Criteria.
3. All excess payments for Consular fee, legalisation fee, Counsular service fee and optional services will be refunded in full to the customers and there will be no exception to such refunds.
4. In case IVS have overcharged You for the Consular fee/legalisation fee, then any such excess amount will be duly refunded.
1. As a general rule the Consular Fee and Legalisation Fee shall not be refunded and will be subject to the refund policy of the respective country You are applying for. And applicable local laws governing such fees in the local country where the service is being provided to You.
2. In case You have paid the incorrect Consular fee or legalisation fee, then customer will be provided the ability to cancel and seek refund of the wrong fee paid and pay the correct fee.
3. The processing times for Consular applications are estimates only. As the processing of your application is subject to the procedures and timescales of the respective Embassy /Consulate/High Commission, over which we have no control, and hence is not a criteria for refund.
1. Refunds of Service Fees will only be considered where You satisfy the Refund Eligibility Criteria in full. If You (or the relevant Consular customer as applicable) fail to meet any of the Refund Eligibility Criteria, we shall have the right in our sole discretion to decline the request for a refund.
2. To apply for a refund, you must properly and fully complete and submit a Refund Request. All refund requests should be submitted to IVS by You either through an email or in person in the IVS office or though the online request.
3. We shall process your Refund Request following receipt as soon as it is reasonably practicable. Response times will vary depending on the mode of payment and stated reasons for request a refund of the Service Fees. In any event, we shall notify You of the outcome of the request in accordance with the timescales set out in the Refund Processing Timelines.
4. By filling in and submitting the Refund Request, the payment of a refund of a Service Fee is not guaranteed. The refund will only be approved or rejected by us after verification basis the Refund Eligibility Criteria.
5. Any Transaction Charges or loss due to exchange rate fluctuation which arise upon processing a refund of Service Fees shall be borne solely by You. Transaction Charges will be deducted from the final amount to be refunded. Loss due to bank charges and difference in exchange rate will be borne by you and IVS is not liable to pay any interest on this amount.
1. All requests for refunds or cancellation of a Service(s) will only be accepted where:
• The refund request is raised within 30 days from the date of completing online registration on IVS Portal
• The refund request is received by us before 2 working days prior to the date of appointment or visa submission, provided that You have cancelled your appointment on the system.
• Where it is clear a customer has been charged more than once for the same service.
• This includes the circumstances where You have purchased a Service but been notified by Us that it has been cancelled or withdrawn.
• In case you have applied online and decide not to send your application due to any reasons whether you made mistakes while completing online forms. You must ensure correct information is filled before making the online payment.
• In the case of any services which are partially used, no Refund request will be approved in such cases
• If You miss your appointment on the scheduled date
• If You are delayed for your appointment and You cannot be accommodated on the same day by VFS/Embassy
• If your application is incomplete as per the guidelines and the application cannot be accepted on the appointment day at VFS.
• If You decide not to proceed with the application due to any reasons such as made mistakes while completing online application.
• If You cancel your appointment
• If You are unable to proceed with your appointment as You have selected the Application Centre location incorrectly.
• Granting of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP is a sovereign right of the nation and IVS is a mere facilitator in coordinating between the VFS/Mission and the Applicant as per requirements. It has NO Decision-making rights or control in grant / denial / delay of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP. Hence, NO Refunds will be granted by IVS under the following circumstances:
• Rejection of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP application by the Indian Mission.
• Request for Reapplication of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP by Indian Mission.
• Delay in processing Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP application by Mission.
• Non-receipt of Emergency Visa or Tatkal passport services on or before the travel date.
• Non-receipt of Medical / Medical dependent visa leading to further complication and additional medical expenses.
• Loss to Employer / Self due to delay in receipt of Business / Work / Conference / Employment Visa due to nonattendance.
• Loss due to Deportation and repatriation for any reason at the Port of Entry in India.
• Delay in shipping of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP by shipping company.
• Loss or Damage of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP in transit by shipping company.
• Lesser duration or no of entries visa granted by the Mission as compared to the requested entry / duration.
• Change in Consular fee by the Mission.
• Liberalization of Consular policies like No Visa Required.
• Loss to Self / Family / Companion, in case dependent visa gets delayed / rejected by the Indian Mission.
• Air tickets, Hotel booking and other related cancellation due to delay or rejection of Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP application.
• All expenses related to travel to IVS to collect Visa / OCI / Renunciation including but not limited to local / Interstate travel expenses, purchase of Food / Beverages, hotel accommodation, boarding/ lodging expenses.
• Opportunity loss for time spent on Visa / OCI / Renunciation / Passport and GEP application.
1. Submit your request. Post submission of request, you will get an acknowledgement email.
2. Your refund request will be initiated, and eligible refund will be processed within 10 – 15 business days.
3. You will have no recourse to a refund of the Service Fees if we suspect You have, or are, engaged in, or have in any way been involved in, fraudulent or illegal activity on the Website.
Refunds will be processed by the same method as payment was made for these Services or by NEFT. For example, if payment was made via use of credit or debit card, refund will be done by NEFT. If IVS is unable to process refund by the same mode in which payment has been made, in such case refund will be processed by issuing check. In case of payments by debit/credit card, the exact date by which refund amount will be credited in the account of the customer’s bank card shall depend on the bank card issuer but not more than Thirty (30) calendar days.
Should you cancel your application after completing it online but before it is submitted to us for processing for any reasons; only your Consular Fees, ICWF will be refunded and not the service charge of IVS or courier labels. Please allow 10-15 working days after cancellation of your application for your refund to be processed. Should you change your mind about travel after your application has been processed in the Embassy/Consulates, no fees will be refunded. We expect You to contact Us to resolve any problem or issue related to your application and payment, before You make any Chargeback request to your bank.